Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sister Knows Best

I always looked up to my sister and would do whatever she said. With that said she told me I needed to post something new, so here is our first blog of the year. I am one year older, as of 12:30pm (more or less... only mothers remember the exact time a child is born) on January 12th. I guess 27 is not that bad, just another year older... though it does bring me another year closer to 30. My friends would tell me how 25, 26 or 27 were hard years for them making them think they were now closer to 30 than 20. However, I fell that what is the point of worrying about another year... instead just enjoy every year and to be in fact each day. I guess what is harder for me is knowing that I am only 27 once and not able to spend it with all the people I would like to... like my sister. And I know too well what she must fell with holidays coming and going while living in Nicaragua. Of course you would never trade the experience and opportunity to live amongst some very amazing people, but it is hard to be away from those you love. I went through it for my 23rd and 24th birthday, and now it has been once again on the 26th and 27th, just that I am not the one getting woken up at 5am by the kids and sung "Las Mananitas" at the top of their lungs, but rather the one on the other end reading the exciting reports. All I know is that time with loved ones is to be cherished whether it is a homemade meal with parents, a husband, and brother, sister-in-law and nephew or getting to talk to your sister via Skype on your special day.

1 comment:

Seth and Sarah said...

You are very special to me and I miss you dearly! I wish I was there for your birthday and every other day! You are correct to say to cherish the time with the ones you love. I love you!